WS500 Advanced Alternator Regulator
$679.90 – $699.90
The WS500 is the only alternator regulator available that can utilize current, voltage and temperature to deliver the most precise and effective charging possible for 12V, 24V and 48V battery systems – with configurability for voltages in between – making it the perfect solution for charging lead acid based, or new generation LiFePO4 lithium-ion battery banks.
Uniquely designed to be configured via easy-to-use onboard DIP switches, or can be connected to a PC to provide more than 100 user controls.
The WS500 can be connected to a current shunt to monitor current flow to and from the batteries, enabling the regulator to control charging based on a combination of system voltage and amperage delivered from the alternator to the batteries. In addition, the WS500 can also monitor alternator and battery temperatures and modify charging output to ensure optimal safety and charging performance at the alternator and batteries. When connected to a BMS system, the WS500 can receive critical voltage, current and temperature data via the CAN J1939 pathway, reducing the need for external sensor connections.
The regulator’s auto-detect function identifies system voltage and automatically adjusts charging to support 12V, 24V and 48V profiles. Default profiles for eight battery types can be configured at the regulator via the DIP switches. Selectable profiles include programs for standard and deep cycle flooded lead acid, standard and high-density AGM batteries, carbon foam AGM, Gel, and LiFeP04. Two profiles allow for the flexibility to customize profiles with a PC, using the WS500 Configuration Tool or a terminal program like Putty. Support for non-common battery voltages (such as 32v) may also be configured in the same way.
The WS500 can be used with different polarity alternators by selecting the appropriate N-Type or P-Type regulator wiring harness. Wiring harnesses are equipped with high-quality Ampseal connectors and provide all connections for basic operation, as well as dedicated connection wires for voltage and current sensing.
Intelligent Alternator Charge Control
The WS500 Regulator’s innovative design makes it the most powerful and flexible resource available for delivering the best alternator charge control. Selected for use by many of the most respected coach manufacturers and luxury boatbuilders, Wakespeed’s WS500 delivers exceptional value, superior quality, and unparalleled charging performance.
Wide ranging support for both traditional lead acid and new lithium battery technologies
- Factory engineered configuration profiles for the largest number of battery brands and chemistries available.
- Multiple configuration tools, ranging from simple DIP switches to smart apps for Android and IOS Devices.
- One product supports systems ranging from 12V to 48/51V, with the most experience available at 48V on the market.
Advanced, multi-PID engine control provides the most accurate charging available
- Only regulation available to charge based on battery C-rates, tail current, and system loads.
- Actively regulates to desired alternator temperature, rather than reacting after an over-temperature condition occurs.
- Regulation based on battery temperature, delivered via sensor or CANbus, ensures safe charging within controlled parameters.
Easy to install, configure and operate
- Optimized, application-based wiring harnesses with simple plug-and-play connectors.
- Pre-engineered profiles for a large number of popular battery brands — including Battle Born Batteries, Lithionics and Victron Energy.
- CANbus communication with a growing number of batteries for easier installation and superior charging performance.
- RV-C compliant CANbus enables WS500 regulator to communicate directly with other RV-C enabled devices.
Best charge control for lithium battery chemistries
- Meets battery manufacturer recommendations for charging voltage, C-rate limits, temperature, and monitoring for tail current.
- Fully closed loop control with compatible CAN-enabled battery BMS systems, delivering the smartest, safest charging available.
- Zero Output Technology™ actively regulates battery current to zero amps when batteries are at full SOC.
- Allows use of higher output alternators with minimal risk to batteries due to active control of charging current.
Superior protection for your investment
- Upgradable firmware ensures that your WS500 will always be up-to-date and ready for new technologies.
- Low cost repair or replacement for failures caused by non-warranty damage
WS500 w/ Positive Harness, WS500 w/ Negative Harness, WS500 w/ Positive Harness-CAN, WS500 w/ Positive Harness-M12
WS500 Buying Guide
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review. Login here.